A Friend on the Caminoa helping hand on the camino frances
Effective February 15, 2018
A Friend on the Camino is located in Ontario and operates under Ontario law. We are committed to respecting your privacy and and protecting your personal information.
The personal information we collect
We only collect information that is reasonable and relevant to the purpose.
- When you browse our website, we collect limited information, such as pages on the site that you visited and files you downloaded. This log data is collected on an aggregate basis only and used for purposes of understanding better how the website is being used.
- When you email us or communicate with us in other ways, we will keep your email and/or other contact information so we can respond. We will also save any correspondence for an indefinite amount of time for our records.
- If you sign up by direct contact or through the website to receive updates and messages, contribute materials, donate money or become a volunteer we will ask for some or all of the following details, as necessary:
- Name, address, telephone number
- Email address
- Banking or credit card information
How we use your personal information
We will collect, use and disclose personal information for reasonable and relevant purposes only. The personal information we collect may be used to:
- Establish your identity
- Provide updates on A Friend on the Camino
- Complete research and statistical analysis regarding use of the website
- Investigate and settle question or concerns you bring to our attention
- Validate a copyright claim
- Comply with legal requirements
Sharing your personal information with others
In general, your personal information will be provided only to, and accessible only by:
- Agents, representatives and employees of A Friend on the Camino who need the information to fulfill their duties and responsibilities
- Service providers who need the information to satisfy their obligations to us
- Any person or organization for whom you have given consent
- Any person or organization authorized by law
We do not sell your information. We only share your information to third parties with your permission.
We will collect, use and disclose your personal information only for identified purposes and with your consent. Consent may be implied or express, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the information.
You may withhold permission for A Friend on the Camino to obtain, use or share your personal information and you can withdraw previously given consent as long as there are no legal reasons preventing you from doing so. By withdrawing your consent, you may limit our ability or prevent us from providing you with the service or information you desire. If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, please contact us.
Protecting your personal information
We have taken steps to protect your personal information by putting in place reasonable technical, physical and organizational safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. However, be aware that data may be lost if A Friend on the Camino’s website is hacked or otherwise compromised.
Be aware that this website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to your personal information at any time. Upon receiving a written request, we will inform you of the information we have. In some circumstances, we may be unable to provide access to all information due to legal and/or privacy reasons. If this happens, we will explain these reasons to you.
Changes to the policy
Questions, comments, requests
Please contact us if you:
- Wish to access or correct your personal information
- Wish to withdraw your consent to the ways in which we may collect, use or disclose your personal information
- Wish to opt out of receiving communications regarding our website.